SA Intergroup of
South Central Texas
The South Central Texas Sexaholics Anonymous (SA) Intergroup represents the SA groups located in the San Antonio, Austin and Corpus Christi metro areas. Our fellowship offers recovery at in-person meetings across South Central Texas, and virtually throughout the world.
We are a fellowship of men and women who are recovering from our addiction to lust, pornography and sexual acting out.
We come together in recovery to share our experience, strength and hope to help others who are suffering from fantasy, lust and compulsive sex with self and others. These behaviors have destroyed trusted relationships, caused isolation from others, and consumed us with guilt and shame. Some of us spent our lives running from ourselves and even contemplated ending our lives.
Sexaholics Anonymous is a recovery program based on the spiritual principles of Alcoholics Anonymous. The founders of SA received permission from AA to use the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions in 1979. Today, SA is an international fellowship with thousands of groups and meetings worldwide.
The SA Purpose . . .
Sexaholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop lusting and become sexually sober.
There are no dues or fees for SA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. SA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization, or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sexually sober and help others to achieve sexual sobriety.
Adapted with permission from the AA Grapevine.
SA adaptation © 1982, 1989, 2001.SA Literature.
Reprinted with permission of SA Literature.
About SA Meetings
Who Can Attend
Meetings are the foundation of our fellowship. Our meetings are “closed” to the public unless clearly stated otherwise.
Meetings are open to legally recognized adults (ages 18 and older) of all genders and sexual orientations who are seeking sobriety and recovery from lust and sexual addiction.
There are SA meetings throughout the world. Find a meeting near you the Sexaholics Anonymous International website.
Most local SA meetings are held at churches, but SA groups are not affiliated with any religious sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. Individuals attending meetings are asked to:
- Protect anonymity and confidentiality. Keep the names and contact information of anyone you meet at meetings to yourself.
- Newcomers are welcome at all meetings. When you arrive, let someone know this is your first meeting.
- We are self-supporting and decline outside funding. Our meetings are free. During the meeting we will “pass the basket” for donations to support the ongoing operational needs of the fellowship. People will typically throw in a dollar of two at each meeting.
- We are a spiritual program, not a religious program. We are Sexaholics who are religious, agnostic and atheist. We do not reference religious teachings or ideas during meetings. In recovery, we learn how to create a spiritual connection with a Higher Power of our own understanding.
- Dress with modesty. Wearing revealing clothing can be triggering for members of the fellowship.
- All meetings are non-smoking. We follow all posted policies and guidance from our host meeting location.
Our meeting format has been adopted from the SA White Book “Suggested Meeting Format.”
During our meetings we reference approved Alcoholics Anonymous and Sexaholics Anonymous literature only. Program literature is available for purchase at most in person meetings or online at Sexaholics Anonymous International.
The Meeting Finder highlights the type of meeting and the literature that will be referenced during the meeting.